On Saturday, Theatrical-At-Home will host thirty-three film festivals and their guests for a private viewing of Phoenix, Oregon followed by a virtual Q&A with our cast & crew!
All revenues will be shared with the participating film festivals.
The Film Festival Alliance, Lela Meadown-Connor, and Barabara Twist have been amazing partners in this effort, showing tremendous event planning, communication and promotional skills. I would like to model their format for future events.
The process to put this together included:
- Create Google form for festival sign up
- Create folder with graphics and copy assets for festivals to use to promote the event, including templates for Facebook and Instagram posts
- Announce event to FFA member film festivals with deadline to signup
- 11 days before the event, close festival signup
- Survey festivals on their COVID impact through a Google form
- 10 days before the event, send out affiliate links to festivals
- Send out press release (this got picked up by MovieMaker Magazine)
- Festivals promote event to their patrons
- Follow up with festivals & provide additional graphics & promotional materials
- 1 day before event, send emails to ticket buyers with viewing information
The Q&A will include special guests: cast, James Le Gros, Jesse Borrego, Diedrich Bader and director, Gary Lundgren.